Series 3 is the third series of the popular CBBC show Young Dracula.
"By popular demand Young Dracula is swooping back to CBBC. We pick up the story four years on and Vlad and the Count have fled from Stokely. Pursued by slayers and radical vampires alike, The Count and Vlad keep a low profile and "hide in plain sight" by buying a school. The Count is determined that Vlad fulfils his destiny to lead the vampire race, but this is threatened by The Count's own tendency to create mayhem and disaster on a daily basis and by the re-emergence of the anarchic Ingrid, who brings a trail of destruction in her wake. An irreverent, gothic comedy, Young Dracula shines a mischievous light on family relationships and what it is to be a teenager trying to make his way in the world. The third 13x30 minute series will be filmed around Liverpool and promises some exciting new characters as well as the return of familiar favourites. The series is produced by Lis Steele and executive produced by Josephine Ward."
The series is set four years after the ending of series 2's finale, in which Ingrid took over the Dracula castle and vowed revenge on Stokely for the slaying of her boyfriend, Will. Since then, the Count and Vlad have fled, and decide to purchase a school to hide from the slayers and vampires that follow them, while Ingrid also returns.
The series has moved away from Wales and will be filming around Liverpool. Rehearsals for the series began on the week of May 9th 2011, while filming began the week after for a period of three months. And finished filming in August. The series has recently been edited, and was released on October the 31st.
Characters that returned, played by their original actors, are:
- Vladimir Dracula
- Ingrid Dracula
- Count Dracula
- Percival Renfield
- Jonno Van Helsing
- Mina Van Helsing
- Magda Westenra
New actors to the series include:
- Tom Gibbons playing a slayer (Ryan Noble) who was previously bitten by Ingrid.
- Sydney Rae White playing Erin Noble, the sister of Ryan and a fellow slayer who pretends to be a half-fang in order to infiltrate the Dracula Family.
- Cesare Taurasi playing Bertrand De Fortunessa
- Letty Butler playing Alexandra McCauley, the head teacher of Garside Grange.
- Wolfie (Ingrid's now nicknamed half-brother Barry)
Characters who are not returning include:
- The Branaughs
- Eric Van Helsing
- Olga Dracula - FLASHBACKS ONLY
- Atilla Westenra - FLASHBACKS ONLY
- Krone Westenra - FLASHBACKS ONLY
- Robin Branaugh - FLASHBACKS ONLY
- See also: Thrills and Spills